If you’re like me, you’re getting tired of reading all of the “year in review” articles that seem to be more plentiful than late-December snowflakes. Instead of looking back on 2012, a year that saw several conference presentations, publications, and the creation of this, I’m going to look forward what I’m looking forward to in 2013.
- Preliminary exams and the end of coursework
- Organizing and hosting the Purdue HGSA Conference
- Visiting my good friend Peter and presenting to his classes and at the Bridging Ages Conference at New Mexico State
- Publishing an encyclopedia entry on Harold Connolly for American National Biography
- Creating some sort of Digital Humanities project
- Writing and defending a dissertation prospectus
- Reading non-stop all summer
- Watching the 2013 Kansas City Royals seriously compete for the first time in my conscious lifetime
Hopefully there will be lot of other exciting things I haven’t though of, however, 2013 is shaping up to be a busy and productive year.